- Let the Reading Begin! 2 March 2012Reading has started and we have already had some lovely pictures of DPS pupils reading! Pop over to our Facebook page to have a look or to post your own pictures! “Dunbar Primary School Read-a-thon 2012″ […]
- Let the Reading Begin! 2 March 2012
- April 2013: ComputerXplorers – Lego Robotics 28 April 2013[…]
- April 2013: ComputerXplorers – Lego Robotics 28 April 2013
- November Bug BustingNovember’s Bug Busting Weekend will be: November 9th – 11th Please pread the word, share our site, visit our facebook page and event pages. This works best when everyone does it! […]
- November Bug Busting
Subscribe by Email
Enter your email address to get updates from Dunbar Primary Parent Council. We promise there will be no spam and you can opt out any time.
Category Archives: FAQs
The Parent Council is made up of representatives of the Parent Forum (all of the parents and carers of the pupils attending the school or nursery). There can be up to two representatives for each nursery and school class and each representative is called a Class Rep. The Head Teacher of the school [...]
Until the start of the 2007 school year there were two parent bodies – the elected School Board and the PTA. The School Board was responsible for the running of the school alongside the Head Teacher and the PTA was mainly a fundraising body. From August 2007, the Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act [...]
To develop an open, welcoming and mutually supportive school community of pupils, Parent Forum and staff.
● It represents the views of parents to the school and works with the school to resolve any problems.
● It reports back to the Parent Forum by way of Parent Forum News.
● It represents the view of the Parent Forum at external meetings on issues relevant to the school.
● It provides representatives to sit on interview panels for Head [...]
It meets once a month during the school year at 7.00pm in the school library. Meeting dates and agendas are available on the Parent Council Noticeboard at the school gates and on this website. Minutes of the meetings can be found here and in the Parent Council folder in the School foyer.